UK Investor Visa

UK Investor Visa

The UK investor visa is now governed by the newly introduced “points based system”, or “PBS”. This system exists to ensure that only people who are a good candidates to enter the UK are allowed entry.

To acquire a UK investor visa you must have a certain number of these points, based on predefined “attributes”. In order to be awarded 75 of these attribute points and be eligible for a UK investor visa, you must have either:

  • £1 million in personal funds held in a regulated financial institution, which you must be able to gain access to and are able to deposit in the UK; or
  • Personal assets exceeding £2 million after calculating liabilities held. Assets in the name of your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner which are either jointly held, or in your partner’s name can be added to your own statement of net worth; and
  • You are currently in control of more than £1 million in loaned funds (from a regulated United Kingdom financial institution) which is disposable in the UK. This figure must not include the addition of personal funds to the borrowed investment total.

At the time of your UK investor visa application your investment funds must be currently be held in the United Kingdom. If the money held in the UK is in a foreign currency you must convert the sum to UK pounds on the application you submit. This sum will be checked against exchange rates on the date of the application. Your UK investor visa funds can be supplied by a partner.

The required funds may also be held by your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner, or they may be jointly held. As long as you have unrestricted right to transfer and dispose of this money in the UK, or can get permission to do so from your partner, then these funds may be used to meet the minimum investment requirement.

The UK investor visa does not require you to demonstrate that you can speak English or provide sufficient living expenses for personal upkeep in the UK.

Can my dependants join me on a UK Investment Visa?

Your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same sex partner and children under 18 can travel with you to the UK on a UK investor visa as your dependants if:

  • they have a visa allowing them to do so, and
  • you can financially support them during their stay without becoming a burden to UK public funds. You need £1,600 for each dependant person joining you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK and £533 for each dependant after that.

What supporting documents are required with my application?

The new points based system for UK investor visas is complex – but, as with all visa applications you should include originals of the documents specified and also a copy of each document.

Siam International Legal Group has the years of experience and know how to ensure your UK investor visa has the best chance of acceptance, and can help you navigate this complex and time consuming legal minefield quickly and easily.


VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 10.0/10 (2 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: +2 (from 2 votes)

UK Investor Visa, 10.0 out of 10 based on 2 ratings

Incoming search terms: